Windows to the Divine® Exhibitions have been held every other year in Denver since 1999. Venues have included the Denver Center for Performing Arts (1999-2007), the MADDEN Museum (2009-2011), ArtHaus (2014) and Space Gallery (2016).
View Photos of Past Windows National Exhibitions
Collectors for Connoisseurship
In 2015, Windows to the Divine launched Collectors for Connoisseurship (C4C), a new national network for collectors and artists. C4C members engage and interact through online experiences and special events such as the C4C Denver Arts Weekend held in November of 2015 that included:
- C4C Renaissance of Realism National Symposium held at the Denver Art Museum
- Renaissance of Realism Exhibition held at Denver’s Gallery 1261; and
- Inaugural Gathering of the Founding Connoisseurs held at the home of Founding Connoisseurs, Pete & Marilyn Coors in Denver.
In 2016, the C4C Arts Weekend Schedule of Events included:
- Gala Opening of Windows to the Divine Exhibition: Abstraction & Representation: Finding Common Ground;
- C4C Abstraction & Representation: Finding Common Ground National Symposium held at Space Gallery which featured:
- Presentation by Dr. Gwen Chanzit, Curator of Modern Art and the Herbert Bayer Collection and Archive at the Denver Art Museum and Professor of the Practice and Director of Museum Studies in Art History at the University of Denver: “The Development of Abstraction: A Brief Sampling from Cézanne to Pollock”
- Presentation by Shannon Robinson, Chairperson of C4C: “From Abstraction to Contemporary Realism”
- Panel Discussion re: Exhibition Theme: Albert Handell (2016 Fra Angelico Artist of the Year), Dan Jacobs, University of Denver, Director of Victoria Myhren Gallery and Michael Paglia, art critic for Westword
- Joint Presentation by Ron Hicks & Michael Gadlin: ” Unlikely Pair”
- Exclusive Tour by Director Dean Sobel for Founding Connoisseurs of Clyfford Still Collection and Cocktail Party held at the museum residence of F/C’s, Sharon & Lanny Martin;
- Private Screening of Agnes Martin Before the Grid held at Space Gallery
View Photos of Past C4C Events
- 2015 National Symposium, Gala Opening of Realism Exhibition & Inaugural Gathering (Collector Brunch)
- 2016 Gala Opening of Abstraction & Representation: Finding Common Ground Exhibition
Windows to the Divine® Paint Outs, called “Altitude and Attitude,” have been held in 2009, 2010 and 2012 at sites of exceptional natural beauty in the Rocky Mountains, including Evergreen, CO. In Denver, sites have included the Denver Botanic Gardens and Washington Park.