Friday, Oct 13
1000 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY
Schedule to date:
For Founding Connoisseurs Only
- Check-In for Founding Connoisseurs at Entrance to Uris Center at The Met
- Welcome to Founding Connoisseurs in Sacerdote Auditorium
- Curator Introduction of Lehman Collection
- Prix-Fixe Three Course Luncheon at The Petrie Café in The Met
For Founding Connoisseurs and ArtLover Members:
- Curator Panel Discussion Patronage and Collecting: Then & Now with Dita Amory (Acting Associate Curator, Robert Lehman Collection at the Met), Inge Reist (Director, Center for the History of Collecting, Frick Museum), and Jennifer Tonkovich (Eugene and Clare Thaw Curator, Department of Drawings, Morgan Library & Museum);
- Joint Presentation on the Global Art Market by Shannon Robinson (Overview of the Market & Growth) and Betsy Thomas, an independent art advisor and former Vice President of Christie’s in New York who will share her professional insights with collectors on auction houses, the internet and international fairs and how to navigate today’s vast and fast-paced international marketplace;
- Panel of Experts re: Advice to Collectors and Artists with Peter Trippi, Editor-in-Chief, Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine, Shelley Farmer, Director of Hirschl & Adler Modern, Betsy Thomas, art advisor, and contemporary art collector, Gregory Peterson.
*The Symposium is not sponsored or endorsed by The Metropolitan Museum of Art.