Michelle Dunaway is an Internationally known American artist whose paintings are revered for their bold brushwork yet sensitive portrayal of emotions that capture the human experience. Dunaway’s paintings have been exhibited in Paris, New York, and Los Angeles. She has won awards and honors in the Portrait Society of America’s International Portrait Competition in 2010, 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018 which is considered the “Academy Awards” of Portrait painting in the US. Dunaway’s artwork has been featured in numerous publications including International Artist, Fine Art Connoisseur, American Artist, Southwest Art, Art of the West, and American Art Collector along with inclusion in several art books. Her paintings are highly sought after by distinguished collectors and displayed in prominent collections throughout the US and Europe. Dunaway receives invitations to teach and lecture internationally and her workshops draw students who travel from around the world to study with her.
“To me, the extraordinary resides in the everyday moments of life. Those moments when we stop, pay attention and feel gratitude. All of us experience such moments and they transform us for the better. These instances of human life, personal reflection and inspiration are what I love to capture in paint.”
BIOGRAPHY ULRICH GLEITER
German-born artist Ulrich Gleiter (b. 1977) is noted for his landscapes. His style is sometimes reminiscent of German expressionism and the Russian impressionists. He first studied at the Dresden Academy of Arts and later at the Repin Academy in Saint Petersburg, Russia. His work has been recognized with awards in the USA and in Russia and been featured in books and magazines.
SOLO-AND TWO-PERSON EXHIBITIONS
- 2020: Gallery 1261, Denver, CO.
- 2020: SANDAU-LEO Gallery, Berlin.
- 2018: SANDAU-LEO Gallery, Berlin.
- 2017: Gallery 1261, Denver, CO.
- 2017: Gallery LEO.COPPI, Berlin.
- 2017: Russian Academy of Arts, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- 2015: Gallery 1261, Denver, CO.
- 2014: Gallery LEO.COPPI, Berlin.
- 2012: Gallery LEO.COPPI, Berlin.
GROUP EXHIBITIONS, SELECTED
- 2020: Manitou Galleries, Santa Fe, NM
- 2018: Coors Art Exhibit, Denver, CO.
- 2017: Coors Art Exhibit, Denver, CO.
- 2016: Gallery LEO.COPPI, Berlin.
- 2016: Gallery 1261, Denver, CO, “Spaces”.
- 2016: Gallery 1261, Denver, CO, “Group Exhibition”.
- 2016: Coors Art Exhibit, Denver, CO.
- 2015: Coors Art Exhibit, Denver, CO.
- 2014: “Windows to the Divine”, Denver, CO.
- 2013: Gallery 1261, CO, “New Works, New Voices”, 4-Person Exhibition.
- 2013: Museum of Contemporary Art, Moscow. Group Exhibition by the State Repin Academy.
- 2013: Gallery 1261, CO, “Rethinking Western”.
- 2013: Coors Art Exhibit, Denver, CO.
- 2012: Coors Art Exhibit, Denver, CO.
- 2009: Gallery Dieter Fuhrmann, Munich.
- 2008, 2009: Artists Association, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020: art KARLSRUHE, Germany, with Gallery LEO.COPPI and SANDAU-LEO.
- 2018: POSITIONS BERLIN
- 2015: Art.Fair, Cologne, Germany, with Gallery LEO.COPPI.
AWARDS AND HONORS, LECTURES
- 2018: Judge of awards, 8th International PleinAirSalon
- 2017: Lecture at the Coppini Academy, San Antonio, TX
- 2012-2016: Faculty member, speaker at the Plein Air Convention. (Monterey CA, Tucson AZ, Las Vegas NV).
- 2013: Judge of awards, Plein Air Rockies, CO.
- 2013: Certificate of Commendation, Russian Academy of Arts, Moscow.
- 2011: Lecture at the E. L. Blumenschein Historic Museums, Taos, NM.
- 2010, 2011: “Best of Show” and “Award of Excellence”, Plein Air Rockies, CO.
- 2010: “Best of Show”, Wyoming Plein Air Competition.
- 2010: “Best of Show”, Frank-Bette-Paintout, Alameda, CA.
- 2010: Certificate of Commendation, Russian Academy of Arts, Moscow.
Gallery 1261, Denver, CO; Gallery SANDAU-LEO, Berlin, Germany; Gallery Helle Coppi, Berlin; Manitou Galleries, Santa Fe, NM
Jill Basham’s work is typically quiet, often with muted colors and purposefully simple design. She is dedicated to conveying the light, atmosphere, and “feeling” of the landscapes she paints, whether natural or manmade, and hopes to evoke an emotional reaction. Basham paints in her Maryland studio near the Chesapeake Bay, as well as outdoors, in locations both far and near. She is comfortable allowing each painting and its subject to lead her on an exploratory, experimental journey, as this approach often yields the most unexpected and visually exciting results.
Having earned numerous awards and honors over the years, Basham’s recent accomplishments include “Best of Show” in the most recent Plein Air Easton; “Best of Show” for her work at the Door County Plein Air Invitational by C.W. Mundy, master artist; and the “Judges Award” at Olmsted Plein Air for two different works by both Peter Trippi, Editor-in-Chief of Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine; and Kelly Kane, Editor-in-Chief of Plein Air Magazine.
Jill Basham has had her work featured many publications including Fine Art Connoisseur, Plein Air Magazine, Southwest Magazine and American Art Collector.
Basham’s work is in corporate, private and museum collections, and has hung in the US Embassy, Sri Lanka through the US Department of State. She is a member of the American Impressionist Society (AIS), the Oil Painters of America (OPA), as well as an artist-member of the historic art institutions; The Salmagundi Club in New York City and The Washington Society of Landscape Painters in Washington, D.C.
A talented artist playing at the top of her game” ~Peter Trippi, Editor-in-Chief, Fine Art Connoisseur (reference: “From Above Exhibition” Principle Gallery, Catalog Introduction 2020)
“Jill Basham’s sense of color, composition and ability to minimize, hone in on what is essential, really sets her apart. Great eye, great execution. Love all that she does. Jill is an incredible visionary.” ~Dan Volenec, cover artist of Fine Art Connoisseur, May 2016, “Three to Watch”
Principle Gallery, Alexandria VA
Reinert Fine Art, Charleston SC
Handwright Gallery, New Canaan CT
Trippe Gallery, Easton MD
Crown Gallery, Blowing Rock NC