Windows to the Divine’s Know2collect videos provide artists, collectors and art lovers with brief, simple, straightforward art-filled video presentations (18-25 minutes each). Know2collect videos cover important arts topics that are critical to understanding the past, present and future of the visual arts. Additionally, for the collector, whether neophyte or experienced, Know2collect videos provide the “A-Z” steps to collecting proffered by industry experts that will streamline and enrich your collecting adventure. Each video includes a bibliography of sources.
- #1 Why Do We Need Visual Art? Free to Public
- #2 Why Collect Art?
- #3 How Important is Art as Investment (Part I)?
- #4 What Explains the Exploding Growth of the Global Art Market?
- #5 Who are the Most Important Art Market Players (Part I)?
- #6 Who are the Most Important Art Market Players (Part II)?
- #7 What is the Role of the Art Collector in Today’s Global Art Market?
Patronage and Collecting: Then & Now
C4C National Symposium at The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Oct 13, 2017
- Met Symposium Session 1: Presentations and Panel Discussion with Curators from The Met (Dita Amory), The Frick (Esmee Quodbach), and The Morgan (Jennifer Tonkovich)
- Met Symposium Session 2: Joint Presentation by Shannon Robinson (Patronage, Collecting and Marketing in Today’s Global Art Market) and Betsy Thomas (Navigating the World of Art Dealers, Art Fairs and Auction Houses: Challenges and Rewards for Collectors and Artists)
- Met Symposium Session 3: Panel Discussion with Shelley Farmer, Director of Hirschl & Adler Modern, Gregory J. Peterson, Esq., Private Collector, Betsy Thomas, Betsy Thomas Fine Art Advisory, and Peter Trippi, Editor-in-Chief, Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine
Artists’ Business Forum
Space Gallery June 20, 2017
- Webinar of “The Changing Global Art Market and the Future of the Professional Artist” by Shannon Robinson
- Bibliography for Shannon Robinson Presentation at Forum
- Video Interview of Artist Judy Greenan at Forum
- Video Interview of Artist Ron Hicks at Forum
Live Demonstration: Dueling Paintbrushes
Quang Ho and Kevin Weckbach painting on the same canvas.