Ramon is a member of the American Watercolor Society, the Allied Artists of America, Pastel Society of America, Prix de West (formerly National Academy of Western Art), Knickerbocker Artists, Oil Painters of America, Representational, and the Whiskey Painters of America.
In 1985, the Pastel Society of America designated Ramon a Master Pastelist, and in 1986, Ramon was elected to the Pastel Hall of Fame by the Pastel Society of America, New York City. In 1990, he was elected to the Colorado Institute of Art Hall of Fame.
Other awards include:
- Windows to the Divine Fra Angelico Artist of the Year (2009)
- Pastel Society of America (Canson Inc. Award)(2005)
- Oil Painters of America (Meritorious Award)(2003)
- Art Masters Award, NYC (1996)
- Pastel Society of America, NYC (Virginia M. Ward Memorial Award)(1995)\
- Pastel Society of America, NYC (MJ. and Mrs. A. Giffuni for Exceptional Merit Award) (1994)
- Wyoming State Museum, One Man Show, Cheyenne, Wyoming(1994)
- The Allied Artists of America, NYC (Grumbacher Gold Medal)(1993)
- The Colorado 100 certificate of Recognition (for contributions and lasting impact on the arts in Colorado)(1993)
- Pastel Society of America, NYC (Barbara and Gary Scott Award for Landscape)(1993)
- Pastel Society of America, NYC (Pastel Society of America Board of Directors Award)(1993)
People, Ramon says, play an important part in his paintings. His sensitive character studies are included in the Seattle Frye Museum, the Santa Fe New Mexico Museum of Fine Art, the Spokane Museum of Native American Cultures and the Academy at West Point, along with many other public and private collections.
- Ramon Kelley Paints Portraits and Figures – by Ramon Kelley and Mary Carrol Nelson
- The Five Essentials in Every Powerful Painting – by Ramon Kelley
Ramon’s works will be exhibited in the Collectors’ Reserve at the Gilcrease Museum