Windows to the Divine has hosted biennial national exhibitions since 1999 at venues such as the Denver Center for Performing Arts and The MADDEN Museum. In 2018, the exhibition will be staged at and in collaboration with the Space Gallery in Denver from April 12, 2018 (Opening Gala) thru April 28, 2018.
Theme: The theme of the exhibition is Impressions, Markings & More.
Eligibility: Any professional artist who is an ArtLover member of Collectors for Connoisseurship may apply for inclusion in the Exhibition. Only 2D original paintings (oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, mixed media; no reproductions) created within the last 12 months with image dimensions no greater than 16”x 20” will be considered and all works must be available for sale.
- Application Submission Period: October 26, 2017-January 26, 2018
- Jury Selection: February 3-10, 2018
- Artist Notification: February 12, 2018
- Delivery of Selected Works to Space Gallery at 400 Santa Fe in Denver: Receipt of shipped works during the week of April 2, 2018 and hand-delivered works by local artists on April 7th
- Strike of Exhibition & Pick-Up of Unsold Works by Local Artists:
April 29th-April 30th from 10 AM-5 PM at Space Gallery
- Return Shipping of Unsold Works: Week of April 30th
- Please submit two to four digital images (JPG or TIFF; 300 DPI) of your work to Chairperson, Shannon Robinson by completing our Jury Call Application no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 26, 2018.
- All digital images must be numbered and labeled as follows: Last Name, First Name, Image No., Title, Medium, Size, and Price. For example: Smith_Alice_#1_High Winds_Oil_16 x 20_$1,200.
- Size, Price and Number of Works: The jury may accept one medium sized work (not to exceed 16” x 20” or two small stacked works) per artist with a price not to exceed $18,000 and a preferred price range of $1,000-$4,500.
- Applicants must also submit a professional biography.
- Applicants have the option of submitting a personal statement of no more than 600 characters that explains how this work interprets the theme (Impressions, Markings & More) or the broader subject “Windows to the Divine.”
- Prices will be set by the artist. A commission of 60% on all sales will be remitted to the artist and the balance of 40% will be remitted to the Colorado Dominican Vocation Foundation (CDVF), the exhibition organizer. The CDVF will be responsible for collecting and remitting sales tax and will also pay for any credit card fees incurred if a purchaser decides to purchase your work via credit card rather than personal check.
- Artists will be responsible for all shipping and insurance costs prior to and after the conclusion of the exhibition.
- Applicant consents to the publication of any accepted digital images on the CDVF website and in the event marketing materials.