Windows to the Divine has hosted biennial national exhibitions since 1999 at venues such as the Denver Center for Performing Arts and The MADDEN Museum. In 2020, the exhibition will be staged at the Space Gallery Annex in Denver from November 5, 2020 (Opening Gala) thru Saturday, November 7, 2020.
Theme: The theme of the exhibition is Contemporary Visions of Beauty.
Eligibility: Any professional artist who is an ArtLover member of Collectors for Connoisseurship may apply for inclusion in the Exhibition. Only 2D original paintings (oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, mixed media; no reproductions) created within the last 12 months with image dimensions no greater than 16”x 20” will be considered and all works must be available for sale.
Deadlines: JURY APPLICATION
- Application Submission Period: July 22, 2020-September 9, 2020
- Jury Selection: September 12, 2020
- Artist Notification: September 14-15, 2020
- Shipping of Selected Works to Adobe Creek Framing, Attn: Windows to the Divine, 26290 Hwy 74, Unit#7, Kittredge, CO 80457 with receipt during week of October 26, 2020; or drop-off of works by local artists at Space Gallery Annex on Monday, November 2nd 9AM-5:00PM
- Strike of Exhibition & Pick-Up of Unsold Works by Local Artists:
Sunday, November 8, 2020 from 10 AM-5 PM at Space Gallery Annex
- Return Shipping of Unsold Works: Week of November 9th
- If you are already a current C4C ArtLover member, simply click on the Jury Application button above and follow the instructions. If you are not a current member, the link will not work for you until you renew your membership and then log in as a member.
- Click on the Jury Application and submit as directed.
- Please submit two to four digital images (JPG or TIFF; 300 DPI) of your work to Chairperson, Shannon Robinson by completing our Jury Call Application no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
- All digital images must be numbered and labeled as follows: Last Name, First Name, Image No., Title, Medium, Size, and Price. For example: Smith_Alice_#1_High Winds_Oil_16 x 20_$1,200.
- Size, Price and Number of Works: The jury may accept no more than one medium sized work (not to exceed 16” x 20”) and two small stacked works (8×10 or 9 x12) per artist with a price not to exceed $18,000 and a preferred price range of $1,000-$4,500.
- Applicants must also submit a professional biography.
- Applicants have the option of submitting a personal statement of no more than 600 characters that explains how this work interprets the theme (Contemporary Visions of Beauty) or the broader subject “Windows to the Divine.”
- Prices will be set by the artist. A commission of 60% on all sales will be remitted to the artist and the balance of 40% will be remitted to the Colorado Dominican Vocation Foundation (CDVF), the exhibition organizer. The CDVF will be responsible for collecting and remitting sales tax and will also pay for any credit card fees incurred if a purchaser decides to purchase your work via credit card rather than personal check.
- Artists will be responsible for all shipping and insurance costs prior to and after the conclusion of the exhibition.
- Applicant consents to the publication of any accepted digital images on the CDVF website and in the event marketing materials.